The open is in full swing and I am stoked to see 35 CFB participants! For the 1st timers remember this is for fun and a way to see where you stack up compared to your peers. The open also gets us a bit out of the comfort zone and test what we are really made of, and possibly, push you to first time accomplishments. Last year my dear mother Peggy (aka The Pequine) got her 1st double under plus a lot more! Who is gonna do something big this year?!
The main reason for this post is the summer...when will it ever get here??? If you are like me you have already started to fill your calendar with things to do in the lovely heat, to cap off your summer I would like you to join me for the Spartan Race August 15th. This is an 8 mile obstacle run in the mud and sun (hopefully no poison ivy). A group of CFBers did this race in 2013 and it was epic, minus the poison ivy. If you have done a race in the past with us you know that we go there in style via a charter bus with couches, flat screens (for Team America), and plenty of cooler space for some well deserved refreshments after the race (see photo).
To sign up please click on the link below and follow the steps listed:
- Register for the afternoon heat 11:15am - 4:00pm.
- Set-up an account with ChronoTrack.
- Select the Afternoon heat 11:15am - 4:00pm.
- Input your information and confirm.
- Sign waiver.
- Join Existing Team "CrossFit Beloit".
- Input your address.
- Input your next of kin should you die.
- Select your start time of 11:15am - 12:45pm.
- Select the additional insurance. A must apparently.
- Select if you want to get any spectator tickets and/or some cheesy metal (don't do it).
- Select your shirt size (get the schmedium to show of your guns).
- Share with all your twitter followers that you are better than them.
- Enter a promotional code for a discount. Enter "CSTEAM6837" for 20% off.
- And finally you can pay (now you are offically a bad ass).
After the race there will be the annual pool/pizza party. You don't want to miss out on this adventure. Get signed up early to ensure the best price and a spot on the bus!