Mud Volleyball is finally here Ya'll! For those of you that played last year you know what you are in for but for the multiple virgins among us here are a few things you will need:
- Cleats (you can find cheap ones at good will or walmart but they cannot be metal). Normal tennies are fine but you will not be able to move...like at all.
- Duct Tape. You will need to tape your shoes to your feet as they have a tendency to get stuck in the mud.
- Sun Block. It is looking to be a sunny and beautiful day. Just ask Lani the consequences of not having this.
- A camping chair. There is down time between games so you will need some place to relax for a bit, which brings us to the next point.
- Beer! You cannot drink all day if you do not start in the morning.
- Yard games. I think I have a set of bags but if you have that frisbee game or the 2 balls connected by the string game please bring them.
- Easy Up. Like one of those big tent things. If you have one please bring it to provide some shade.
- Food. There will be food vendors there if you would like to just buy food but feel free to bring your own.
- Change of Cloths and a towel. You are going to be filthy all day, luckily the park is located right next to the river so you can cleaned off between games and there are hoses for after. You are going to be muddy as hell still so bring enough towels for the ride home.
If you think of anything else let me know.
Now on to the teams. This year we have enough for 2 teams. The line ups are as follows:
It Ain't Pretty Being Easy
- Scott T. (captain)
- Paul J.
- Roger (captain)
- Scott B.
- Paul N.
Our 1st game is at 9:20 but if you would like, we will be meeting at Jerry's cafe in Beloit at 7:30 for some breakfast and then caravanning from there. If you are not joining us for breakfast please show up at Traxler Park in Janesville a 1/2 hour prior to game time to get situated as we need to fill out some forms for the teams before playing.