It has been almost 6 months since the last nutrition challenge and I feel it is time for another shot in the arm to get your performance up! Believe me that nutrition is the fastest way to improved performance in the gym and what you see in the mirror. This will be a month long individual challenge starting Monday June 2nd and finishing Friday June 27th. The buy in is $50 cash and as long as you follow the rules you will get your money back, all forfeited money will be divided up to the best female and male individuals judge by Alison and Scott. I feel it is always important to have an incentive and cash money is always a good incentive. Let's get to the rules:
- $50 cash must be received by June 2nd to participate.
- You must submit a before and after photo or have one taken at the gym. (Photos will be held confidential and deleted after competition, female photos will be submitted to Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org and male photos to Scott at email@example.com. Females should take photos in a sports bra and shorts, men in just shorts.)
- You must log all food eating, even cheats, in a journal (includes alcohol consumption).
- You must log the hours of sleep you get the previous night.
- You must log your workouts with your results and a brief description on how you felt about your performance. IE: I crushed that wod, did everything unbroken, and took my shirt off because I felt so diesel.
- The journal must be submitted every Saturday via hard copy or electronic email to Scott. Feed back and advice will be given to help better your performance.
My recommendation is to eat paleo (google is your friend) and get all of your macro-nutrients in every meal; Carbs (leafy are the best), Protein (lean), and Fats (nuts/seeds/healthy oils). Sundays/days-off are best to prep for the week's food. I like to fire up the grill and cook enough protein for 5 days of lunches.
Remember as long as you follow the rules you will get your money back!